SCHOOL SUPERHERO COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Promoter of this competition is: Cartridge Save Limited of 5-6 Gregson Road, Stockport, SK5 7SS (“We”, “Us”, “Our”).
1. The name of the competition is “School Superhero”.
2. You can win one of three prizes by entering the competition – a donation of £1,500 for your school and a cash prize of your own of £500 for the winner or a donation to your school of £250 and a cash prize of your own for £250 for each of two runners-up – by telling Us why a member of office or administration staff at your school deserves to be named the nation’s “School Superhero” by completing the entry form at www.cartridgesave.co.uk/printwhatmatters/schoolsuperheros (“the Webpage”).
How to enter
1. The competition will run from 10 AM on 1st May 2018 (the “Opening Date“) to 11:59 PM on 30th November 2018 (the “Closing Date“) inclusive.
2. All competition entries must be received by Us through the Webpage referred to in Condition 2.2 above by no later than 11:59 PM on the Closing Date. Any and all competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
3. Winners will be announced no later than 11:59PM on 31st January 2019.
4. To enter the competition:
You must complete the entry form at the Webpage referred to in Condition 2.2 above, by the Closing Date, and provide the following information:
a) Your name
b) Your contact e-mail address
c) Your Nominee’s name
d) The name of the School which your Nominee is employed by
e) Your contact e-mail address
f) A short (no more than 150 words) description of why your member of staff deserves to win the competition and be the nation’s “School Superhero”.
5. No purchase is necessary and there is no charge to register for use of the Webpage.
6. We will not accept:
a) Any responsibility for competition entries that are lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment or device failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
b) Proof of your transmission of an entry as proof of Our receipt of your entry to the competition.
7. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions, and providing your consent for the personal data which you provide to Us when entering the competition to be used by Us and Our agents (including Our public relations agency, Democracy PR) in the manner described in condition 10 below.
8. For any help with entries, please use the contact details set out on the Webpage.
9.Please see the Webpage for a link to a copy of these competition terms and conditions.
10. All competition entries will be judged by Our panel of three judges (including at least one independent member) in their sole discretion. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) in selecting the shortlist will be final.
11. We will send the full names of the judges to anyone who requests them by contacting Us within one month after the Closing Date of the competition requesting details of the judges via the contact information set out on the Webpage.
1. The competition is only open to all residents and Nominees eligible to work in the UK, employed by a School in an administration role and able to access the internet aged 18 years or over, except for:
2. Employees of Cartridge Save Limited or its holding or subsidiary companies;
3. Employees of agents or suppliers of Cartridge Save Limited or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
4. Members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
5. By entering the competition, you confirm that you and your Nominee are eligible to do so in accordance with condition 4.1 above and that you are eligible to claim any prize that you may win, either as the winner or as one of two runners-up. We may require you or your Nominee to provide proof (including by way of a copy of a valid contract of employment with the school by whom you or your Nominee are employed describing the nature of your or their role as administrative, proof of eligibility to work in the United Kingdom, identification or residency documents) that you and your Nominee are eligible to enter the competition.
6. We will not accept competition entries that are:
a) Received after the Closing Date;
c) Automatically generated by computer;
d) Completed by third parties or in bulk;
e) Illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
f) Photocopies, scans or otherwise not originals; or
7. There is a limit of one entry to the competition per entrant. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted, and joint submissions are not allowed.
8. We reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is, in Our sole discretion, contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition and these terms and conditions.
9. Please note that competition entries cannot be returned.
1. The prizes are:
a) For the winner: a cash donation of £1500 paid directly to the school by which they are employed, and a cash prize of £500 paid directly to the winner in their own right; and
b) For each of the two runners-up: a cash donation of £250 paid directly to each school by which they are employed, and a cash prize of £250 paid directly to each runner-up in their own right.
c) We reserve the right to substitute the prizes or any element of the prizes with a prize of equal or greater value if circumstances beyond Our control make it necessary for Us to do so.
d) The prizes are not negotiable, transferable or refundable.
e) In order to claim any of the prizes, you must reply to either the telephone call or e-mail message made or sent to you by Our public relations agency Democracy PR in accordance with condition 6.3 below as soon as possible.
- The winner and runners-up of the competition will be announced on the Webpage on 17 December 2018 (Announcement Date).
- The decision of the judges nominated by Us in relation to the shortlist is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The winner and runners-up will be contacted personally by Our public relations agency Democracy PR as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, Using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry. We will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted.
- We (or Our public relations agency Democracy PR) will send the name and county of the winners and runners-up by e-mail to anyone who contacts Us via the e-mail address listed on the Webpage within one month after the Closing Date of the competition requesting their details. Details of the winner and runners-up can be viewed on the Webpage set out in condition 2.2 above from the Announcement Date for a period of not less than 60 days.
Claiming a prize
1. If you are the winner of a prize (either as the overall winner of the competition or one of the runners-up), you will have twenty eight days from the Announcement Date to claim your prize, referring to the details of how to claim in condition 5.4. If you do not claim your prize by this date, your claim will become invalid.
2. A prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
3. We (or Our public relations agency Democracy PR) will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner, the runners-up and their Nominees. If the winner and/or the runners-up and Nominees cannot be contacted or are not available, or the winners have not claimed their prize within seven days of the Announcement Date, We reserve the right to offer the relevant prize to the next eligible entrant selected by Our judging panel from the shortlisted entries that Were received before the Closing Date. The decision of the judges nominated by Us in relation to the award of any prize to another shortlisted entry is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
4. We do not accept any responsibility if you are not able to claim or receive any of the prizes.
Limitation of liability
1. Insofar as is permitted by law, We, Our agents (including Our public relations agency Democracy PR) or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or the runners-up, or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up any of the prizes except where it is caused by Our negligence or that of Our agents, distributors or employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights
1. We do not claim any rights of ownership in your competition entry or in any intellectual property rights which it may contain.
2. You confirm that you have all necessary rights and permissions needed to provide us with any and all content contained in your entry and warrant and agree that We may, but are not required to, make your entry and its contents available on the Webpage and on any other media (including via Our social media channels and profiles), whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity relating to the competition. You agree to grant Us a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and grant sub-licences to thirds parties to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format the competition entry and any accompanying materials for those purposes.
Data protection and publicity
1. By entering the competition you agree that if you are the winner or one of the runners-up of the competition, you consent to Us (and Our agents, including Our public relations agency Democracy PR, on Our behalf) Using your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner and runners-up of this competition and for any other reasonable and promotional purposes related to the Competition.
2. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by Us, without the payment of any further fee (save in respect of reasonable travel expenses) being payable for your participation.
3. By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you within the body of your competition entry may be held and used only by Us or Our agents and suppliers (including Our public relations agency Democracy PR) to administer the competition, including by way of choosing the winner and runners-up and sharing their details (specifically, their name and county) with any third party who may request those details in accordance with condition 6.4.
4.We will ask for contact details from you, and contact whoever you may nominate in your entry as the nation’s “School Superhero” to seek their permission to use their personal information in the same manner described in clause 10.1 above.
|Please tick here if you would like Us to contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services that We feel may be of interest to you.
|Please tick here if you would like Us to contact you by telephone or post with information about goods and services that We feel may be of interest to you.
|[Please tick here if you are happy for Us to disclose your personal data to selected third parties so that they can provide you with information about their goods or services.]
1. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions then We may, at Our sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
2. We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition and these terms and conditions where it becomes necessary to do so. In the event that We need to amend these terms and conditions prior to the Closing Date, We will use reasonable endeavours to notify entrants and potential entrants of any changes made, primarily by posting details of those changes on the Webpage.
3. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales in relation to any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with the competition, these conditions or their subject matter or formation.