By entering the Cartridgesave.co.uk Write Christmas 2016 competition, you agree to these terms and conditions:
To enter you must:
1) Submit an entry of no more than 200 words. Entries must be sent to:
Write Christmas, Democracy, The Boxworks, 62 Beech Road, Chorlton, Manchester, M21 9EG
2) The competition is open to entries from 12th October 2016. All competition entries must be received by 5pm on 5th December 2016. All competition entries received after 5th December 2016 are automatically disqualified. One entry per person. Late, incomplete or illegible entries will not be accepted.
3) One overall winner will be chosen, plus two runners up. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entries that are considered offensive or defamatory to any living person or organisation will not be considered.
4) Poems and short stories (200 words or less) must be entered by a caregiver, parent or teacher who can give permission for the story, name and age of the child to be included in the book and used in publicity.
5) To enter, send your child or student’s short story – along with a permission form (download here) to:
Write Christmas, Democracy The Boxworks, 62 Beech Road, Chorlton, Manchester, M21 9EG.
Please include a named contact and a contact number. Ensure each entry is clearly labeled with the author’s name.
6) The competition is open to all residents of the UK but excludes residents of the Republic of Ireland and employees of Cartridgesave.co.uk, their families, agencies or anyone connected with the Write Christmas competition. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
7) By entering the Write Christmas competition you agree that your details, including your email address/address, may be used to keep you informed about Cartridgesave.co.uk’s promotions, products and news. Cartridgesave.co.uk comply with the standard procedures laid down in the UK Data Protection Act to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
8) There are three prizes available – one overall and two runners up. Each prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. Cartridgesave.co.uk reserves the right to change some elements of the prize or replace it with an alternative of equal value. The overall winner will win a prize for their school (£1,500 towards books or writing materials), a goody bag for themselves worth £50 and a recording of Sam Hay reading their winning story to play in their school assembly. Two runners up will win £250 for their school to spend on books or writing materials, plus one £50 goody bag each.
9) The best 50 entries from across the categories will be selected to appear in a free-to-download e-book available at www.cartridgesave.co.uk/printwhatmatters/write-christmas
10) The winners will be chosen by Sam Hay and cartridgesave.co.uk. Their decision will be final. The winners will be notified by an employee of Democracy PR on behalf of Cartridgesave.co.uk no later than 19th December 2016. The winners must claim the Prize within 7 days of notification that they are the winner. If the winners fail to claim the Prize within this period, Cartridgesave.co.uk reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner via a second selection from the shortlisted entrants in that category.
11) You understand and agree that the images submitted as part of your entry are intended to be used by Cartridgesave.co.uk during or after the competition for marketing purposes and you hereby immediately, irrevocably and unconditionally agree not to enforce any rights relating to those images which you now or may in the future be entitled pursuant to the provisions of sections 77, 80, 84 and 85 of the Copyright Designs and Patent Act 1988 and any other moral rights to which you may be entitled under any legislation now existing or in future enacted in any part of the UK against the Promoter, Cartridgesave.co.uk and any party authorised by either of them to use the images PROVIDED that use does not exceed the grant of rights made hereunder.
12) Cartridgesave.co.uk reserves the right, in the event of circumstances where it becomes necessary to do so, to (i) to amend or alter the terms of, or cancel the Write Christmas competition (ii) refuse to allow any individual to participate and (iii) amend these terms and conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
13) These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in the event of a dispute. Promoter: Democracy PR Ltd, 62 Beech Road, Chorlton, Manchester M21 9EQ.